Do you have a vision of what you’d like your space to be? or does your space need an update and you have no idea on where to start?
From full floor or house renovation to just one room, I’m here to bring clarity, direction and fun to the process.
How does the design process work?
First we need to see if we’re the right fit.
We’ll jump on the phone together and discuss your vision, timeline and estimated budget. From there we meet in your home to see the space you’ve dreamed a thousand times to change.
This is a 45-minute in-home consultation and I do this for free.
Why? Because it’s important for me and for you to be comfortable working together, building, revising and realizing your visions.
If we mutually decide to work together next I put together a contract for us. This outlines my scope of work on the project, fees and other things so we both have a clear direction.
Now depending on your project size the next steps will vary and can include any of the services below.
Space planning – new construction or moving some walls around. This is where we hash it all out. How do you move around in your space, what is the right flow, what is most functional, what are your needs?
Plans and drawings – ok so your wall locations are planned out but that’s not all that’s needed.
- Electrical and cable (TV, internet etc) locations
- Lighting (decorative and ambient) locations
- Fireplace surround plans and elevations
- Furniture plans – Where is it all going to go…and will it fit.
- Wall and floor patterns or layouts. It’s great to pick a tile for the floor but how would the installer know how it’s to be laid down without a drawing.